Besides natural herbs and vitamins that you can take to help your body adjust to being pregnant. You can also learn to adjust to the miracle.
“Morning sickness” is a misnomer. (In fact, the technical medical term is “nausea and vomiting of pregnancy.”) For some pregnant women, the symptoms are worse in the morning and ease up over the course of the day, but they can strike at any time and, for most women, last all day long. The intensity of symptoms can vary from woman to woman, too.
Allow yourself plenty of time to get out of bed. If you usually get up at 6:00 a.m. set your alarm for 5:00 a.m. It is a good idea to keep a stash of crackers or dry cereal by your bed, so you can put something in your stomach as soon as you wake up. Get out of bed slowly as you start your day.
Some time proven herbs and vitamins:
- L-Methionine: Inhibits nausea. Hinders toxemia in pregnancy.
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine): Inhibits nausea. Caution: Do not take this combination longer than needed. Use for a maximum of 6 weeks.
- Magnesium: Inhibits nausea. Caution: Do not take this combination longer than needed. Use for a maximum of 6 weeks.
- Acupressure: Pressing an acupuncture point (pericardium point six) on your wrist may help to relieve your nausea. You can buy wristbands which help you to apply this pressure. Make sure that the button in the band is placed on the acupuncture point. To locate this:
- Use one hand on the inside of your opposite wrist, measuring up three finger widths from the crease between your hand and arm.
- At the point where your third finger is, lift the pressure off until you are just touching the skin and feel lightly for a slight dip. Press into this dip quite deeply and it will feel bruised.
- Place the button on the wristbands at this precise tender point on both wrists.
Put the bands on first thing in the morning before you get out of bed.
When you experience a wave of nausea, press on the button on each wrist about 20 to 30 times at one second intervals. If you forget your wristbands, you can simply press on these two points, or ask someone to do it for you on both wrists at the same time.